Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

News Adidas New Outfitter of George Mason Athletics

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Robot, May 21, 2015.

1. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Starter

improving 3 points but still being down about 60 points... not much to see here
  2. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

Adidas has made a name for its self in the soccer community, as the popularity of soccer grows so does adidas. Frankly, unless America can make noise in the next olympics I don't see soccer popularity growing that much.
  3. G M U

G M U Sixth Man

I believe our old Nike contract provided us a new uniform design every 1-2 seasons. Does anybody have any insight on what to expect this year? Considering that we've had the same uni's for 2 seasons straight. I'd like to see a new font, maybe a gold alternative, names on the jerseys.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  4. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Olympics soccer is a youth team tournament...

And of course they made a name for themselves in soccer...they're a German company.
  5. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Definitely need a gold alternative. That gray one the last two seasons was straight hideous.
  6. mason89

mason89 Sixth Man

Did we even use the gray ones last season? I don't remember seeing them... Agree with adding the gold uni's.
  7. dr. gunnie

dr. gunnie Poster of the Year Staff Member

I have been wondering if we would see a new design this year as well. In my perfect world we would have 4 unis:

Home white
    Road green
    Alternate gold
    Throwback white '88-89 (our first trip to the NCAA's)

[​IMG]
  8. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

The throwback would be perfect for next year for the 18/19 season and 30th anniversary of the 88/89 team, in what will also be a year when we should have a legit chance at returning to the dance!
    Washingtonian, gmujim92 and DJ3 like this.
  9. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Thankfully, we never wore the gray last year. I think the JMU game (Holloway's last game before leaving) was the last time we wore gray.

We should do yellow again, but considering the limited options adidas has most likely we would be making a step down. The only uni adidas makes that is maybe better than what we have is the Falcon uni on p.43. But I'm afraid we'd end up with subtraction by addition.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/adidas-tea...all_Catalog/viewer/desktop/index.html#page/44
  10. mason89

mason89 Sixth Man

Come on, Vurbel. As a longtime GMU fan you should know it's GOLD, not yellow! :cool:
    MasonFanatic and gmujim92 like this.
  11. mason89

mason89 Sixth Man

I agree with the throwbacks, Gunnie. I do have a soft spot in my heart for those uni's since that was also my senior year at Mason...
  12. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Bucknell's uniforms with the alternating blue and orange piping down the sides are pretty sweet in a 70s throwback way. Don't know if Dave would want to copy his former school but I'd be OK with it.
  13. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

I would be fine with that. It's the only other uni that actually looks ok.
  14. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

I just hope Mason can pick consistent colors already. I really like the hunter green yellow look, but at this point as long as they are consistent I don't care.
  15. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

My bad! When I think gold I think Notre Dame, Florida State, and Georgia Tech.
  16. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

You know that's not going to happen!
  17. G M U

G M U Sixth Man

With short shorts back on the rise...why doesn't Adidas just make some exclusively shorter shorts. 75% of our team already just rolls up the shorts anyways, why not just have the team rocking some old school Stockton shorts? Make the short shorts our thing.
  18. Walter

Walter All-American

I hate yellow, Hunter green, and gray. I do not like the Adidas uniforms.

I really liked the Cam Long era green unis with straight "George Mason" on the front.

[​IMG]
    Washingtonian and sleeperpick like this.
  19. Vurbel

Vurbel Hall of Famer

Compromise? How about the yellow, er, gold version?

[​IMG]
  20. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

That was my favorite uniform too. But I don't think we're getting "George" back on the jerseys any time soon, given the branding campaign to unite all of our programs under the "Mason" banner.
    Vurbel likes this.