Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

A10 Conference Play Tracker

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by Leesburg Chankenstank III, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

SBU up to 44 in RPI, still listed as 3rd team out by both Palm and Lunardi, play at #186 LaSalle tonight (should be another slight bump up with a win on the road).

Time to start rooting against the teams on the bubble in front of them:
    KSU, NC State, Texas (that's easy - and they just lost a huge game to Baylor last night), UCLA, Providence, VT, Washington, Boise St, Nebraska, Arkansas amongst some others.
  2. Petey Buckets

Petey Buckets Starter

Jordan Goodwin's season is over for St. Louis. He's suspended as a result of the Title IX investigation and will return to the team in the offseason:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_257bfe35-9444-5f2b-9bbb-a818ba3d8c4a.html

At 7-6 in conference and 6-2 in their last 8, 6th place St. Louis was sneaking up the standings. Now they go only 7 deep and lose the guy who led the team in assists, steals, rebounds, and was the second leading scorer.

Beyond the basketball implications, there are a lot of unanswered questions about how this investigation played out. Four players were involved, but only Goodwin was playing during the investigation. Two others have been suspended all season while the fourth was expelled from the university months ago. There has been nothing from the university to explain the disparity in how the players were treated.
    GMU_DCU likes this.
  3. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

Was gonna recommend a FOIA request to compliment your already exemplary analysis of all things A10, but SLU is private, so I don't think FOIA applies.
    Petey Buckets likes this.
  4. PoorManProfit

PoorManProfit Starter

I like the Bonnie, but they aren't going to get in aside from winning the tournament, I believe. They have no margin for error as the middle to bottom of league is dregs and one, or two, losses and they will see that RPI plummet.
  5. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

If the Bonnies somehow beat URI this week, they should be put squarely on the bubble with a chance to control their own destiny, I think. Of course, losing to La Salle, Duq, or St. Louis will pop their bubble and it's winning in D.C. or NIT.
  6. psyclone

psyclone All-Conference

Richmond vs URI on tv-CBSSN; URI ahead by 6 at the half.

However, EC Matthews went limping off to the locker room not putting weight on left leg just before half
  7. Washingtonian

Washingtonian All-American

Rhode Island wins 85-67.
  8. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-Conference

David Driver of the Washington Times had a nice article about the A-10 Tourney being in DC this morning.

"A-10 may be down, but teams still excited..."

Quotes David Paulsen our basketball coach.
  9. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Id post it but I read print. Internet pisses me off.
  10. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III Starter

11. Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8 Hall of Famer

Except after midnight when the wife is out of town and a box of Kleenex and a PBR is nearby? ;)

Or you are just old and cranky in your youth.
  12. DJ3

DJ3 Starter

13. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

14. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Thank you.

I actually prefer newspapers for several reasons. First, I have a lot of friends that are journalists that I want to support for at least ten more years before they become almost completely worthless drains on society.

Second, when you're at work I like to take print into the stall as opposed to surfing my phone. Number one my phone is small and a windows phone and it sucks. Number two I don't want to get too many germs on it. Number three, all I have to do is rustle the paper to let people know I'm going to be in here another 30 minutes and to f*ck off.

You can also make funny hats out of newspaper and do magic tricks with newspaper, as opposed to the Internet.
  15. MasonCrew

MasonCrew Starter

I thought it was two years in DC?

This is saying Barclay's in 2019?
  16. Joe Shannon

Joe Shannon Starter

Just one year in DC
  17. MasonCrew

MasonCrew Starter

Dang... if everything goes to plan, next year would have been great in DC.
  18. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III Starter

Shouldn't this be number two? Also, there's a newspaper rustling app you can download for that.
  19. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

I think I should have outlined my post before writing it. You could argue there's a one and a two and then abc attached to two.

I apologize to the board for my poor organizational skills.

Also, my Windows phone has about four apps that still work well.
  20. Five Two

Five Two Starter

I do this all the time. I like to make noises so nobody comes to the stall and tries to open the door. If I make noises, they know I'm in there. I'm amazed at the guys in my office who pay no attention and try to open stall doors when the stall is occupied.