Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

A-10 Previews

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Washingtonian, Sep 6, 2019.

1. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I still think our travel budget is lower compared to a lot of the rest of the conference: with two schools in Richmond, two in Philly, and one right next door we don’t have to travel too far to a lot of our games as well. It was something all the VA schools had an advantage in the old CAA but we also got Baltimore, Philly, and Delaware as easy trips on top of the 4 other VA schools.
    FreeGunston12 likes this.
  2. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

3. Leesburg Chankenstank III

Leesburg Chankenstank III All-American

And stats don't always tell the whole story. I'm not into fat chicks. But every once in a while. I'll see a chubby girl that's really attractive and I want to bang out. According to the numbers, I shouldn't be attracted to the hefer.
    But there I am removing her tent sized panties to get to the goods.

And that my friend is when stats have to be interpreted for different situations, not necessarily the absolute value of the stats themselves.
  4. gmutom

gmutom Hall of Famer

[​IMG]
  5. Leesburg Chankenstank III

God Damn!
  6. psyclone

psyclone All-American

URI at Dayton tonight on CBSSN at 7:30. Kenpom has Dayton by 10.
  7. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

A10 Talk

@A10Talk

·
    4h

Julianne Moore and Spike Lee definitely the two most famous super fans during one point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quote Tweet

Do you remember when Clarence Thomas was a Mason season ticket holder?
  8. Five Two

Five Two All-Conference

Does URI have the resume to get an at-large if they don't win tonight and dont suffer any bad loses?
  9. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

They would certainly be on the cusp. Sweeping VCU looks great if VCU stays hot themselves.
  10. Petey Buckets

Petey Buckets Starter

tblack33 likes this.
  11. psyclone

psyclone All-American

Dayton up 10-0 at 17 min mark
  12. psyclone

psyclone All-American

UD by 14 at the half. URI has gotten as close as 9 after an early UD 17 pt lead.
  13. Leesburg Chankenstank III

God, Dayton is so good. They have 4 players other than Toppin that would be the star player on any other A10 team.

And their Chemistry is flawless. Really enjoy watching their games. I can’t wait until I see them beat us by 40 live at EBA!
    Bricker and gmutom like this.
  14. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

So I’m low key actually really excited for when Dayton comes. Not so much because they are gonna win by 100, but this Dayton team just plays amazing basketball and I don’t know the next time a player like Obi Toppin is going to play in the Pat Dome. There’s gonna be some really good basketball on display until they put the walk ons in to start the second half.
  15. psyclone

psyclone All-American

7 technicals in the game, but more jawing than actual physical confrontations.

Agree with others as to how good their starting 5 is. Crutcher led UD with 15 in the first half and Landers had 10 rebounds in the first 10 minutes. Really move the ball well. And best fg% in the country. They are a joy to watch.

Announcer said that Obi's younger brother (Jacob-freshman, plays for URI) grew 3 inches in December. Are there any more Toppins at home?!

UD by 24 with 8 min left.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  16. Leesburg Chankenstank III

If Dayton is still ranked #6 when we play them, will they be the highest ranked opponent ever EBA\Patriot Center?

Pablo. Some help?
  17. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

The highest ranked men's basketball opponent that I can recall at EBA was #10 Saint Louis - https://gomason.com/news/2014/2/19/209411718.aspx.
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  18. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-Conference

So Grant has Dayton firing on all cylinders again....maybe we need to poach our next coach off the VCU tree?
  19. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

There are plenty to choose from. I wouldn’t mind Mike Jones from Radford, he has done a really good job there and is due to move up.
  20. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

I actually wouldn't hate a Mike Jones hire. He had a few rough years in 16-17 if I remember correctly, but overall really turned the program around. I like the style of play he draws up, and his success at Radford is the definition of doing more with less. He wouldn't be a splashy hire by any means but I think we could certainly do worse, and I'd be interested to see how he could recruit with actual resources compared to what he has now.

Also, who wouldn't love to yell MIKE JONESSSSS during intros.
    jessej and gmujim92 like this.