Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2200 days of Brad Edwards

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Herndon, Aug 9, 2016.

1. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

I knew that he defended the The Virus. But to agree that BE is a racists I havent seen.
  2. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

3. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

it stemmed from that hewitt got a raw deal, then someone tried reasoning with record and performance and explaining how bad hewitt was - then Lamar joined in. Wasn’t about BE being racist.
  4. By George.

By George. Starter

Sadly, you’re not too far off.
  5. By George.

By George. Starter

It has picked up absolutely no steam but probably does plant a seed in recruits heads. Tweeting at our recruits like this is super unfortunate, at a time where we’re throwing out some heavier offers. Liem has been dropping all these highlight videos to combat the negativity and help entice recruits to come. Please interact with said videos and tag recruits in them etc.

We’re ready to throw hands at this guy, but we don’t want to bring any unnecessary attention to it by interacting with it. If he keeps posting though, it’s ok for all of us to tell the guy he’s flat out wrong. Spoiler: Brad ain’t racist and barely ever sends anything in writing. Malcolm has nothing. GK has a great relationship with Brad, our team is all races and kinds (besides females, if anyone knows a female interested, send em our way.) Brad’s all love, really. This program, if nothing else, is strong in the community, educated and acts as one big family, Brad included.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  6. Walter

Walter Hall of Famer

Looks like Lamar is political on Twitter. Not smart if he hopes to get into college coaching. But I would still love to see Lamar or Will or Tony coaching at Mason.

Edit: or Ryan Pearson
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  7. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Really like the videos, appreciate all the hard work Liem does to make them. I think the players love them and I’m sure it doesn’t hurt when our recruits see them. Here’s to XJ’s brother seeing it and wanting to be a part of it.
  8. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

How about all three? Tony as head coach. He brings on Lamar and Will as assistants.
  9. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

Count me in
    Patriot8, mkaufman1 and tblack33 like this.
  10. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Did anyone else see the alumni-athlete challenge email this morning. Take a look at the standings: https://gomason.com/feature/Alumni-Athlete-Giving-Challenge

Surprised to see basketball (both men's and women's) with such low participation. And I don't think it's an indictment of Edwards and Paulsen/Milleson, because as far as I can tell from when they started doing this neither has ever "won" the challenge.

Good for wrestling pulling in a $25,000 donation this week!

Looks like the soccer alumni are excited about the new coach...donations up 20% from FY19.
  11. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

I'm pretty sure most of the time MBB does poorly in these events, but in total dollars donated per year they blow out just about every other sport combined.

That is great news for wrestling and soccer though. Hope the AD is reaching out to those high dollar donors and seeing what we can do to capture them for MBB if they aren't already donating.
  12. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

These are student-athlete alumni...so those are former soccer players and wrestlers donating. I just find it odd that there isn't more participation from former men's and women's basketball players.
    tblack33 likes this.
  13. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Has anyone received anything about season ticket renewal yet?

Completely understand that everything is still way up in the air on if there will be a season, if there is if fans will be allowed in, etc. but just curious if the AD has started reaching out to season ticket holders at all.

Corona or not, I wouldn't put it past our AD to forget to send some folks renewal info so I figured I'd check.
  14. psyclone

psyclone All-American

Haven't heard anything yet. Frankly, I'm not optimistic that there will be games prior to January if there is a season at all.
  15. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I agree. Unlike professional athletes, you can’t put college athletes in the same kind of bubble. I think a January start makes sense for basketball.
  16. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Lol as much as its fun to pick on Mason, I suspect no school has said anything to anyone, as nobody knows anything.

Usually renewal info starts in August (I think?) and balances are due Sept 1 or end of September so theres still time. I think there was some meeting this week to decide on some stuff.
  17. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

18. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

Green was on Grant and Danny discussing Washington’s name change today
  19. Five Two

Five Two All-American

20. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Mason has alot of land down Braddock road and Shirley gate i think.