Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2021 Recruiting

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by duncanlamb, Sep 23, 2018.

1. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

Give us all the Johnson's from Episcopal!
    The Great PATSby and gmujim92 like this.
  2. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

And UCF ... I know he’s had interest from Va Tech but don’t know if they offered.

If AAU summer gets cancelled that could be huge for us. His offer list was most likely going to explode before the early signing period.
  3. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I remember seeing VCU offer him. VCU and Seton Hall is tough competition. Hopefully he really likes playing with his brother and sees potential to do something here.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  4. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Maybe Darius and Garrett want to play together in college. Looking on twitter tonight it seems like a few current and past mason players have congratulated him on the offer, always nice to see.
  5. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

yeah I’m really really hoping too. He seems friendly with various guys on the team as well.
  6. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

Darius Johnson and Zaakir Williamson would be reason for optimism. Bring me that, and we can talk. Wonder who is the lead recruiter on Darius.. could it be Tony Skinn??????
  7. mkaufman1

Mason certainly has some really nice 2021 targets. Between Darius, Zaakir, the other kid they offered tonight, Folkes and Reynolds, I really would love to see them get a few of these guys since they have spent a lot of time with their recruitment and getting them to visit. I could be wrong but a lot of the names I mentioned are probably some of the best ranked recruits that Paulsen has been linked to and that Mason has a shot to get.
  8. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Remember these names. We can find the talent, but rarely close em. Hope that changes.
    mkaufman1 and DJ3 like this.
  9. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

We could have to replace 5 seniors after next season, so a strong 2021 class is a must.
  10. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

AJ is close with Zaakir and obviously we already have Darius’ brother. Hopefully those connections pay dividends.
  11. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-Conference

12. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

About as thin as DP’s ice.
  13. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

might as well bring in a new coach after next season. Let the new coach bring in "his guys"
    tblack33 likes this.
  14. mkaufman1

Me too man, me too. They got to nail down a few of these really talented kids that they have spent the last year plus recruiting and scouting. At some point they have to break through and get a few more real good pieces (or so I hope)
  15. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

You wish
  16. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

What is you’re obsession with Paulsen. You have to be related. No one in their right mind would think he’s worthy of 7th year without a tournament appearance.
  17. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

He’s not obsessed he’s a realist, I think Jim probably partly agrees with you that if things don’t change he’ll be shown the door. Some just don’t like constantly taking a negative approach. We all know DP isn’t getting fired now or during the next season so thin ice ain’t the word to use.

Whats gonna suck is if DP does land a couple higher caliber kids we want and then shown the door only to watch them back out. Also not a likely scenario because we haven’t seen him land them.
    Dawgs99 and psyclone like this.
  18. DJ3

DJ3 All-American

DP is certainty on thin ice if next season goes sour. You wont convince me otherwise.
  19. patriot2000

patriot2000 Starter

JPgmuswim likes this.
  20. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

He’s gone if next year goes sour, but not before March/April 2021.

Let’s get back to recruiting 2021.....