Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2021 Recruiting

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by duncanlamb, Sep 23, 2018.

1. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

We have little reason to expect that we can sign a legit big. Not sure why we keep setting ourselves up for disappointment. Carry on though.
    FreeGunston12 likes this.
  2. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

Guys, don’t worry. I was turned down by 385,374,356 woman before I landed my knock out wife.
    JPgmuswim and sleeperpick like this.
  3. sleeperpick

sleeperpick Hall of Famer

but did she have any other offers?
  4. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Sounds like a success, maybe you should head our recruiting.....
    The Great PATSby likes this.
  5. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

pretty petite brunette AOII with perky 34 C’s... def P5 offers
    Five Two and sleeperpick like this.
  6. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

To get all the DMV catholic league recruits, We gotta think out of the box and bend the rules and use the Mason Catholic Church on Roberts Road for ragers. Topless strippers dressed as nuns, lap dances have to be in a hot tub so we can say we were just baptizing him. Any alcohol consumed has to be blessed communion. As long as we get the recruit to pray for 3 seconds we can say we just took him to church for worship.
    tblack33 and Patriot8 like this.
  7. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

See now these are the quality posts I want to see lmao
  8. GMU1983

GMU1983 Sixth Man

Not funny
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I guess to get this back on track, the questions I have are: one, how different of a player is Samb to Henry (they both seem to have similar body types), and, b, if we somehow land Williamson are we happy with Oduro, Henry, Williamson as our forwards next year?
  10. sleeperpick

No because Jordan should not be playing the 4 if we want to have a good team next year. So that means 3 guys for 2 positions. Unless Henry is AJ jr right away and Paulsen actually plays the dude I dislike the depth. I mean Oduro as our best big scares the shit out of me
  11. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

We'll also have Frazier (6'6) and Gadsden (6'7) on the roster, so they can be emergency spot 4s in that scenario. And I didn't mention Castro, because I don't want to jinx it, but there's still a chance.
  12. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

One (Not A?) - from what I've seen, Samb is miles ahead in being able to stretch the floor and is much more versatile offensively.

B (Not two?) - No. I think we'd still need another. I don't think any of those 3 would be able to guard out to the perimeter very well. Maybe Williamson could do it? But I haven't seen much tape of his defense. If you watch Henry's HS tape, it looks like he just parked in the middle of a 2-3 zone. I think he has a long way to go to be effective at this level. And sure, we could talk about putting Miller or one of the other guys at the 4, but then I think you would need a much larger presence at the 5 than we have to make up for it.

III - I'd still be absolutely thrilled to get Williamson. I think he could be a really nice offensive post presence.
    sleeperpick likes this.
  13. Mason2005

Mason2005 All-Conference

0% chance we get any of these kids. We'll pick up 3 that we've never heard of with zero offers. But I've accepted this and will support whoever we pick up.
    sleeperpick and FreeGunston12 like this.
  14. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

Agree. But IF Castro picks Mason, it'd be absolutely hilarious to see the boards reaction.
    mkaufman1 and GMUgemini like this.
  15. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

We'll see how Henry progresses this season. He'll be a sophomore if he doesn't red-shirt in 2021. I tend to agree, we'll need more than Williamson (Castro would be great -- I would be really comfortable with Oduro, Williamson, Castro, Henry), we're just not connected to any other bigs right now (that we're aware of). Still think Gadsden winds up a 4 for us, though.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  16. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

might be the wildest celebration, even more than beating vcu haha
  17. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I thought Mason had offered him this summer but can’t find confirmation. Maybe it was just “interest.” Regardless 2021 PF Tyrone Baker just picked up offers from Va Tech and Georgia.

Great shot-blocker at 6-10 and emerging offensively.
  18. sleeperpick

you're the worst jimbo. not even a mason offer per any website
  19. sleeperpick

without being negative Gadsden is not the game changer we so desperately need downlow post AJ
  20. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I already said I couldn’t find it. He posted a graphic over the summer and Mason‘s logo was included. Must have at least shown interest.