Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2020 Recruiting

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Pablo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Five Two

Five Two All-American

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1253091884278448136
    Monmouth graduate transfer Ray Salnave (14.5 ppg) told me he has heard from the following thus far: App State DePaul Marquette Northeastern Hofstra Iowa St Utah St Charlotte UC Riverside Creighton URI San Diego Minnesota Cal State Fullerton Western Kentucky JMU Missouri Oregon St
  2. Dawgs99

Dawgs99 Starter

Otis come on down.....
  3. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

4. Masonfan3

Masonfan3 Sixth Man

gmujim92 and FreeGunston12 like this.
  5. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

I like what I see. Dave is making good on his promise to improve the team's athleticism.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    mkaufman1 and gmujim92 like this.
  6. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Well the staff left the last scholarship open ... for 24 hours :D
    FreeGunston12 and mkaufman1 like this.
  7. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

now I know why mason didn’t reach out haha
    MasonFanatic and Five Two like this.
  8. mkaufman1

absolutely. He’s gone after more athletic wings and “horses” in general. Each recruit has a different feel than when he started which is good.
    GSII likes this.
  9. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Lol this didn’t even age a whole day before it was wrong. Any other insight for us tonight?
    MasonFanatic and sleeperpick like this.
  10. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Welcome Otis!! Seems like the right size player for A10.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  11. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Try and increase your mental capacity. I know you have alot going on. Sleepydick isnt helping with the wedding planning, and it's all falling upon you. Plus corona, I get it. As much as you want me to be your God , it just ain't happening. Best wishes to and the Mr.
  12. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

@ me when you have a take that isn’t completely wrong. Swim mom knows more about basketball and Mason than you do at this point.
  13. mkaufman1

For f*ck sake guys, can we not? Jesus.
  14. mkaufman1

Since the team is full, I’m going to unpin this. In the event of a change I’ll pin it back.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  15. FreeGunston12

FreeGunston12 Starter

I may be a fool, but I really like this class. If we don't have a good year this year, I think we could end up with a solid core moving forward. Need another 5 in next year's class, that's got to be priority #1. But for now, I'm appeased.
  16. Patriot8

Patriot8 Starter

I’ve developed a deep disdain for Corey Evans.. he is constantly announcing commitments “per a source”, when the kid has announced a commitment himself on social. Just did the same thing for Otis.
  17. Petey Buckets

Petey Buckets Starter

I should know better by know, but pretty happy with this class. Henry and Polite are shiny new toys, Kolek fills a need, and Frazier looks like the upside guy. We weren't landing a stud recruit with the scholly we were holding for Kier, so I'm glad we spent it on a guy who looks like he belongs in the A10.
  18. patriotchild

patriotchild Starter

Nice to see they filled the roster for once. Now we’re possibly in a weird spot though with paulsen. Can’t really have high expectations for this squad next year, 4 freshmen and sophomore at center. But there might finally be a solid group to build around. Problem is it is year 6.

What’s the bar for retaining paulsen at this point? If this class shows enough and makes it seem like he’s turned a corner on recruiting does he get extended even with what’s likely to be another sub .500 conference record?
  19. tblack33

tblack33 Starter

Disagree, you can and should have high expectations for Paulsen this season. All his guys, a redshirt senior potentially starting and two true seniors starting, with a lions share of the minutes going to upper classmen.

It’s post season or send him packing for me this season. If he gets sent packing, go after someone who can recruit and the rebuild won’t be too painful anyway. After losing Boyd/AJ/Greene next year we will be in a down year anyway.
    GMUgemini likes this.
  20. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I agree...if he can't cobble 10 wins in conference together with a top 8 of XJ, Miller, Hartwell, Greene, AJ, Oduro, Boyd, and Calixte it's time to reset. And if we have another injury-ridden season, that's just tough luck.
    gmujim92 likes this.