Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2020 Recruiting

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Pablo, Feb 23, 2017.

1. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

ephoops, mason89 and gmujim92 like this.
  2. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Ding, ding, ding
    tblack33, ephoops and mason89 like this.
  3. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

whats the latest with Cam Bryant? and updates on our current recruits Kolek, Polite, and Henry?
  4. Mason32

Mason32 Sixth Man

They are Paulsen recruits so they probably suspended themselves from play to study more and be "good kids" before they arrive in Fairfax.
  5. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

6. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

6 ft 8 grad transfer from Stanford who is a former 4 star with a Mason offer Kodye Pugh has entered transfer portal. He is from Maryland. Would be a good get of a an athletic big man who is 23 years old

has battled pretty bad injuries his entire career. still might be worth a flyer if we have roster spots
    DJ3 likes this.
  7. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Thought I recognized the name, but that was someone Hewitt offered way back when.

I'd love a shot at a guy like that, but I suspect he will have a long list of suitors.
  8. Mason32

Mason32 Sixth Man

I hear they are out of scholarships, janitor who cleans lockerroom got the last one
    sleeperpick and tblack33 like this.
  9. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

10. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY All-American

11. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

Three Wichita State players just hit the portal: Sophomore guards Erik Stevenson and Jamarius Burton, and freshman guard Noah Fernandes. Stevenson (11.1) was second on the team in scoring. Burton (10.3) was third.

Remember Jamarius? Kid is a stud, he visited before. We should go after him.
  12. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

So many recent targets transferring -- Tre Wood, Cheeref Knox, Jamarius Burton...makes you wonder if we got lucky because they would have done the same here, or if they just chose incorrectly and should have just come here?
  13. sleeperpick

sleeperpick All-American

Lmao I get your point but with burton absolutely not. Dude killed it this year and won’t look at us. Power 5.
  14. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I didn't think he'd come back around to us, I was saying he'd probably be leaving our program right now as we speak if he blew up here, and that's probably a bigger blow to our program considering how rarely Paulsen has landed a stud player like him.
  15. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

I wouldn’t assume Burton would still be transferring. Word is Shockers had huge problems in the locker room, apparently guys didn’t get along, thus the mass exodus.
    psyclone likes this.
  16. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I am hoping Burton doesn't end up at an A10 school like a URI or a VCU.

Chances are he would probably end up in the Big Ten or Big 12, something like that.
  17. JPgmuswim

JPgmuswim Starter

Josiah had committed to University Buffalo but just reopened his recruitment. I know on paper we don’t have any scholarships available.
  18. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Clearly something going on with that one, left PVI finished season at Manassas Park.

These kids now all think they eventually belong at Duke. Much, much harder to get a fifth year Lamar Butler now.

Same thing happening in HS, kids move around and are less apt to confront adversity...

Doesn't mean they're bad kids but this is horrible for the sport. Still, not like mid majors aren't still rising to new heights even with the transferring...
  19. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Plus there's always the jerk-offs...

Xavier Johnson of Pittsburgh (O'Connell, no relation) just tweeted out to leave his friends and family alone as far as pushing transfers...
  20. p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life Starter

confirmed we are after Burton again.

https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/status/1239576509477801990

Other schools former Wichita State guard Jamarius Burton has received interest from: Alabama, George Mason, Oklahoma State, NC State, Illinois, Arkansas, Creighton, LSU, Oregon State, Miami, Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Oklahoma and Iowa State, among others.
    gmujim92 likes this.