Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2020-2021 Schedule Thread

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Five Two, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

Daniel Frank

@n1a2v3y4

·
    1h

Dave Paulsen confirms in the press conference that Mason will NOT have a game this Saturday. The "powers that be" as he put it, didn't put one on the calendar. They're hoping to get a game for next Wednesday.
  2. ephoops

ephoops Sixth Man

Whoever runs the A-10 should be fired for allowing Richmond to play a D-3 school this weekend while Mason does not play at all. SMDH
  3. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

The league is trying to protect Richmond’s at-large chances ... losing to Mason would be a resume killer.
    MasonFanatic, jessej and JPgmuswim like this.
  4. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

Richmond could beat us 4 vs 5.
    gmubrian, sleeperpick and JPgmuswim like this.
  5. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

The following are the teams Mason has defeated this season that currently have an overall winning record:

D-II Queens University of Charlotte: 10-4
    UMass: 7-4
    gmujim92 likes this.
  6. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

And yet we should have lost both of those games.
  7. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I would say any team that lets Dady score 8 points on them (4-7) deserves to lose that game.
  8. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

oh come on. I like Dady's hustle and energy. I don't think he'll be all-conference but I think he's going to be a great role player. Going by the teams per 40 Min stats, he's the the teams leading rebounder and 3rd in assists.
    MasonFanatic and tblack33 like this.
  9. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

I like Dady's hustle too, but he's not exactly gifted offensively...I could have also included Hartwell's 19 in that game. But at the very least they didn't have walk-ons hitting fadeaway jumpers over their best player.
  10. KAOriginal

KAOriginal All-American

Trivia question---

What Paulsen recruit has TRULY been offensively gifted?
  11. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

No one.
  12. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

Chance Konnor

I kid I kid.

Otis Livingston II, Jaire Grayer, Javon Greene come to mind. The first two were more consistent than Greene although I would argue Greene was the most capable.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  13. JimP

JimP All-American

However, Mason has beaten a couple of teams who have beaten team(s) with a winning record. Some are noticing. QAnon Sports has GMU receiving votes in their Top 25. Q has Mason as a 10 seed in his bracketology, playing Larranaga's Hurricanes.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    patriot2000 likes this.
  14. Petey Buckets

Petey Buckets Starter

Almost reported this post. Don't do Otis like that. Becoming clearer that he hid DP's deficiencies from us for years.
    gmujim92 likes this.
  15. Patriotsince81

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I guess we don't have the same definition of gifted.

Otis, a career 40.9%, or 39% if you believe ESPN, shooter who averaged 12.9 ppg is not gifted offensively in my eyes.

Now Carlos Yates, not recruited by DP, who averaged 22.2 points per game without a 3 point line on 49% shooting was gifted.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  16. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

If we are going on a pure stat line argument, what about Jordan Miller? Shot 61% his freshman season. Currently shooting 46.8% including 39.8 from 3. Leading scorer on the team with 15.9 ppg
    gmujim92 and psyclone like this.
  17. Patriotsince81

I'm assuming that we will not make up any of the "postponed" games which means we have 5 remaining A10 games, IF we get them all in.

Predicting:
    St. Bonaventure - Loss
    VCU - Loss
    Davidson - Loss
    GW - Possible win
    St. Louis - Loss

A GW win would put us at 6 - 10 for the year in A10 play. Worst case would be we tack on a loss to GW which means 5 - 11. I'll be surprised if we get to 7 wins. IF the A10 tourney goes on as planned we have another good shot at the PIG. Sigh. :bricks:
  18. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

[​IMG]

3 Bid League

@3BidLeaguePod

·
    26m

A10 basketball is turning into SEC football with these late season cupcake games and I’m here for it

Quote Tweet

[​IMG]

Davidson Basketball
    @DavidsonMBB
    · 43m

Davidson will host Southern Virginia tomorrow night at 7 PM.

- Davidson Sports Network

- ESPN+

[​IMG]
  19. JimP

JimP All-American

Sounds about right. No Fordhams or St. Joe's left. Maybe they have a chance against Davidson.
  20. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

https://gomason.com/news/2021/2/18/...ens-womens-basketball-championship-dates.aspx:

"NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – The Atlantic 10 Conference will adjust the dates of the 2021 Men's and Women's Basketball Championships, moving the majority of the men's championship a week earlier to March 3-6 and the entire women's championship a week later to March 10-14. The men's championship final, which will air on CBS Sports on Sunday, March 14 at 1:00 pm, will be hosted by the University of Dayton.

The Atlantic 10 has been impacted by COVID-19 schedule disruptions as many Division I conferences have. The league is implementing significant COVID-19 risk mitigation and testing protocols in preparing for both championships. Reordering the championship dates allowed the A-10 to reschedule a series of key matchups during the final two weeks of the regular season. Tipping the men's championship on March 3 provides additional play dates and flexibility for the league to adjust to any unforeseen COVID-19 interruption. Beginning the women's championship on March 10 is in response to the later start of the women's basketball postseason schedule. The new championship dates allow for the same national television exposure through the league's media partners, CBS Sports, CBS Sports Network, NBC Sports and ESPN.

'The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the Atlantic 10 to be creative in scheduling and rescheduling throughout the regular season. Altering our championship dates provides additional time for our student-athletes, coaches, support staff and institutions to adjust to additional COVID-19 protocols in preparation for the A-10 championships and postseason play,' stated A-10 Commissioner Bernadette V. McGlade. 'I am so appreciative to our media partners who have all agreed to adjust our television windows and dates, making this concept work. I also commend the Presidents and Athletic Directors for having the foresight to make this adjustment and allow for the flexibility in the dates of each championship.'

Richmond and VCU remain as co-hosts of the men's championship preliminary rounds, but due to facility scheduling, the first round and semifinals will now be played at VCU's Siegel Center. Both the Siegel Center and Richmond's Robins Center will host second round and quarterfinal games as previously announced. The women's championship site remains unchanged, with all games played in Richmond, Va.

Also approved is the seeding policy for both the men's and women's basketball for the 2021 championships. Teams above 60 percent of the median number of conference games played by all 14 teams will be seeded by conference winning percentage. Teams below that 60 percent threshold will be seeded using the NCAA NET ranking, relative to all A-10 teams. Additionally, teams below the 60 percent threshold will not be eligible for the regular season title.
    "
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021