Separate names with a comma.
Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!
Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by Five Two, Dec 5, 2019.
I imagine it will once again be an art or a cocksocking contest or some combination of both.
I wonder if that includes our JMU and ODU games.
Big mac eating contest I'd imagine.
Maybe speed fry salting competition? who can go from frozen to cooked, salted, and bagged quickest?
The best finger painters get in to attend based on their fingerpaint artwork?
Full schedule is released https://twitter.com/masonmbb/status/1326532930282381312?s=21
10 home games. I'll take what I can get during the Covid age. It will be interesting to see prices and availability. I hope all games are televised in some way.
VCU is January 6. At least we won't have to deal with throngs of them at home this year so Richmond area McDonald's will remain open!
6-3 or 5-4 OCC record is my bet.
Damn I’ve got us 7-2 worst case scenario (Belmont, UMD losses, but both winnable IMO). Who do you have us dropping OOC?
Belmont and UMD, maybe NE and maybe to either JMU or ODU. 7-2 would be nice though!
Man if we lose to NE or JMU we might need to take the servers down here for 24 hours, I’ll be leading the meltdown.
Some interesting observations-
* we have a 3 week stretch from Feb 13 to the 27th where we only play 3 games. Home vs Duquesne on the 13th, a week off, at VCU on the 20th, a week off, then at GW on the 27th. I know the A10 has always had a week off because the conference tourney being held a week later than what we had in the CAA. I dont remember having two weeks. Could be wrong. Wonder if everyone's schedule is that way in Feb to allow for rescheduling should they need to do so. EDIT- this isnt the case. there are other A10 games during those weeks.
* Game at Richmond on Tues, Feb 2 is on ESPN+ (according to Richmond). Other than Richmond, none of our opponents have anything different in terms of TV than what we list on GoMason.com yet.
* I'm assuming no Homecoming this year so we dont have to worry about losing that game......
* Interesting back-to-back games with St Joes. Not sure thats ever happened in conference (not counting a conference tourney game coming after a regular season finale)
* Imagine we'd go from UMass to Dayton instead of coming home first.
When I first looked at our schedule I thought we really got boned on traveling, but looking at other schools it seems like everyone got the shit end of the stick somehow. I don’t really understand the conferences decision making in these travel plans.
I think the week is built in for postponements/OOC cancelations. They’ve said that they would schedule additional conference games to make up for it.
If all of our games aren’t at least on ESPN+ I’ll be very sad.
Dec. 22 vs. Towson – TBA (ESPN+)
• First meeting since 2002-03
I don't know why this feels wrong. Did they mean out of conference meeting?
We’ve def played Towson at some point since joining the A10, right?
Last played Towson during the 15-16 year. Lost 75-54.
I have us possibly losing to Howard just because we have no one who will be able to guard Maker and in an early season game in a season like we are going to have, individual talent will play a huge role. But we will see.
You’re overthinking it.
No I’m not. We lost to Radford by something like 40 points one year for that exact reason (34 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks from one player and he wasn’t even an NBA player).