Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2019 Recruiting

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by DJ3, Nov 30, 2016.

1. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

agreed. Normally we’ve seen a Paulsen coached team throw some wrinkles or adjustments after getting down a little bit. It happens at least occasionally.

Yesterday there was no adjustment, no doubles, nothing that threw bonaventure off even for a few minutes so they could have a chance.
    Bricker and gmujim92 like this.
  2. gmujim92

gmujim92 Hall of Famer

Part of me feels like he’s not even trying anymore. We’ll beat the less-talented teams and lose meekly to the teams better than us. Because apparently that’s what nice guys do.
    GMUgemini, Bricker and mkaufman1 like this.
  3. Pablo

Pablo Hall of Famer

Perhaps, it's time for a slogan that encapsulates the current state of the program. My suggestion is: "Paulsen Fatigue".
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  4. psyclone

psyclone All-American

Welch and Lofton went something like 17-23 for the game. Doubling the post would leave them even more open for 3's. Not many defensive choices available against a team that can beat you inside and outside. Pick your poison.
  5. GMUgemini

GMUgemini Hall of Famer

Lofton isn’t a 3 point shooter though. Welch was the only 3 point shooter to worry about in that game and they let him shoot 4-4 in the first half (they shot 5-14 for the entire game). So I don’t really buy the inside and outside argument there.
    sleeperpick likes this.
  6. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I know it probably wouldn’t have helped, but throwing a wrinkle is something you have to try to do. Less likely to hit a three than an easy layup just from percentage of chance of ball going in the hoop.
  7. psyclone

psyclone All-American

The announcers indicated that after yesterday's first half, Welch had made 12 out of his last 15 3s that he had taken. He was killing us.
  8. CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY Hall of Famer

I totally thought Oduro would be more defensive/rebounding than offense after watching him at PVI, but I guess when you have guards going to Duke, UNC, etc maybe you just don't get to show enough offense.
    gmujim92 likes this.