Welcome to MasonHoops.com

Jump in to the discussion! Sign up is easy, we want to hear what you have to say!

2013-14 RTC Conference Preview

Discussion in 'George Mason Basketball' started by JBiggs, Nov 5, 2013.

1. JBiggs

JBiggs Starter

More here: http://rushthecourt.net/2013/11/05/2013-14-rtc-conference-preview-the-atlantic-10/
  2. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I thought it was interesting that they picked GW 5th. I haven't seen them predicted that high (I don't think).

I'm surprised they predicted Mason to go CBI, that would be a pretty low bar for such a senior laden group.
  3. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

Sometimes there just aren't a lot of at-large NIT bids to go around, so that's part of the problem. It all depends on how many regular season champions don't win their conference tournament. Anything less than an NIT berth would definitely be disappointing, but the NIT bubble is very hard to predict in advance.
  4. mkaufman1

mkaufman1 Moderator Staff Member

I understand that but with the better league, I would fully expect that Mason gets considered and in should they warrant it and be "less" off the bubble. 22 wins in the A-10 would probably get them in, whereas 22 wins in the CAA would put them on that bubble. Merely my opinion and figurative.
    MasonFanatic likes this.
  5. MasonFanatic

MasonFanatic All-Conference

Oh, I agree. I just think that prediction might be more reflective of the NIT's uncertainties than anything negative about Mason. I took a quick look back, the A-10 has gotten anywhere between 0 (!!!) and 4 teams into the NIT in recent years.

This is going to be a really long week. Haha.
    mkaufman1 likes this.
  6. GSII

GSII Hall of Famer

St. Louis won reg season and tourney championships and have a senior laden team returning. They should be #1, not the arts school of richmond who lost 6 players to graduation and/or tranfers. Including their PG and Shooting Guard who were responsible for a ton of points. Sure they have guys to fill those voids but are unproven to date. Media is blowin them up bc of their gimmick defense. What happened when they played st louis or any team with good guards? St louis swept them. Michigan bitch slapped them.
  7. The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby Starter

While I agree with St. Louis being #1, having VCU #1 is a blessing in disguise. Their A-10 ranking along with their generous AP and Coaches Poll rankings definitely puts the pressure for their team to do well this year. Staying a top 25 team is tough when all your opposing teams play extra hype come game time. It's always fun to beat a ranked team.

For me, I want VCU to be ranked as high as possible early on. That way their band wagon safety school fans can feel miserable when or if they start losing. I'm really hoping they're overrated.
  8. JBiggs

JBiggs Starter

2013-14 Patriotvision Basketball Preview with Gobo narrating and interview tidbits with Coach Hewitt, J2, and BA.

http://gomason.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=3094504

As I suspected, Jalen Jenkins will be starting out playing at the 4 (after some confusion when trying to bounce between the 3 and 4 in practices). And then will try to transition to being a two-position player later on.
  9. Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81 All-American

Many thanks for sharing the link. Might have missed it otherwise. I am getting excited. Loved hearing that team unity is better. Bring it on......